In an earlier post I reported that I had my car painted by Earl Scheib on Tuesday, July 13, 2010, picked it up Friday, July 16, 2010.The entire company went out of business, nationwide THAT DAY!..

The little blurb left on the window of the shop said that they would no longer honor any warranties, however he,(Earl) was sure other shops would. He just hightailed it out of there... ran off. I have a year warranty and nowhere to go.

The car needs spot cleaning from the sloppy paint job.

Any ideas who would honor Earl's warranty?Earl...Earl...?????

Had an Experience with Earl Scheib?

Comments

In Texas (you'll have to check with your local government) Warranties provided by companies who have gone out of business are regulated by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR).I know this because I am in the same boat with a car that needs warranty work with no company to honor the warranty.

The warranties fall under either SCP(Service Contract Provider law) or VPP's (vehicle protection plans) which are regulated on a state and government level. Their business tactic is simple, tell people "sorry you're SOL" and hope they don't file with their state. When you file a complaint with your local agency (in my case TDLR) they will contact the underwriters for Earl Scheib(who maintains the information on who they provided a warranty to.) With Earl Scheib going out of business their smartest move is to just say "We cannot honor the warranty you paid for"(since at the end of the last warranty they sold they would be able to keep the money they received for it which is currently si9tting in escrow with their underwriters) but legally this is something they cannot do.

I hope this information helps someone out there.

When I filed with TDLR they took it from there.They are negotiating with the underwriter to get my car's paint repaired at the local, now independently owned, Earl Scheib.

rOSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE...these posts suck...and so do you.Lawsuits suck.

Lawyers suck.he// you suck.

All you guys that paint cars are pieces of S#*% anyway...get a life. You should have got an education instead of screwing off.

#220552

IM ACTUALLY REALLY PISSED AT YOUR WHINNING.DUDE i WAS TOLD THAT DAY WE WERE CLOSING FRIDAY.i HAD SEVEN *** CARS TO PAINT.

A LOT OF PEOPLED DONT KNOW THIS, BUT MY GUYS AND I STAYED UP FOR THREE *** DAYS DOING THE BEST WE COULD. i APOLOGIZE IT WASNT THE QUALITY MY GUYS AND I DID FOR THE PAST YEAR. tHE COMPANY YOU WANT TO GO AFTER IS KELLY CAPITAL.....225 BROADWAY, 18TH FLOOR SAN DIEGO, CA. 92101.THIS IS A SHARK COMPANY THAT BOUGHT EARL SCHEIB FOR 8 MIL.

HAD INTENTIONS ON TRYING TO BUILD UP UP THE QUALITY BY HIRING GUYS LIKE ME WHO HAS A ASSOCIATES DEGREE IN BUSINESS. THEY WERE TRYING TO SEEL THE COMPANY FOR 10 MILLION FOR A PROFIT ONLY A YEAR LATER DURING THIS WONDDERFUL ECONOMY. I DONT EVEN AGREE WITH THE WARRANTY *** AT ALL. IF THEY ARE ALLOWING FRANCHISE TYPE BUSINESSS OWNERS TO USE THE NAME, THAN BY GOD THEY HAVE TO HONOR THE WARRANTY.

IT ILLEGAL TO DO THAT. sO INSTEAD OF ***, GO LEGAL WITH KELLY CAPITAL......YOUR GONNA WIN. AND BY THE WAY DUDE, I NOW LIVE WITH MY SISTER ON UNEMPLOYMENT, SO MAYBE HAVE A BIT OF SYMPATHY FOR THE FIVE EMPLOYEES THERE WHO TRULY LOVED WHAT WE DID AND If YOU DEALT WITH ME.

DAVE........i GUARANTEE i SHOWED YOU NOTHING BUT RESPECT.GO LEGAL GO LEGAL you cant loose.......

you get what you pay for!!!

Earl shieb sucks *** *** in ***.

#206325

I don't think Earl will be answering your question, given that he dies in 1992.

#204157

stop crying already *** clowns

#190810

ok earl scheib has a lot of bad employess that cannot paint or do body work what we need to do now is get a lawsuit going.

No one. If they are out of business why would anyone honor their warranty? That is a really *** question!